Gojis are the most nutritionally dense berries in the world! They have been used for thousands of years in China and Tibet, both in food and in herbal formulas of traditional Chinese medicine. However only recently only began to attract the interest of Western nutritionists and health enthusiasts when its nutritional quality and antioxidant levels were examined. Our Goji Berries hail from Mongolia, and are 'King Goji' variety, meaning they are larger, juicier, and sweeter than other varieties (the ones you buy in the supermarket!) No need to soak before use!
Goji Berry Benefits
• Protects the body from aging and increases longevity
• Protects against cardiovascular diseases
• Protects against inflammatory diseases
• Strengthens and maintains a healthy immune system
• Some studies show as having anti-cancer properties
• Combats arthritis
• Balances blood pressure levels;
• Help in the digestive process and weight loss;
• May help to improves insulin levels in diabetics
• May help to improve cataracts, blurred vision and hearing;
• Strengthens and supports the healthy function of the liver and kidneys
• Strengthens bones and tendons;
• Maintains a healthy nervous system
• Protects the skin from sun damage
• Promotes energy and general well-being.
AND HERE'S HOW....
• Contains 19 amino acids (building blocks of protein, and thus the body) including all 8 essential amino acids;
• Contains 21 trace minerals, including germanium, with anti-cancer activity, and rare phyto-nutrients;
• Contains the full spectrum of antioxidant carotenoids, including beta-carotene (more concentrated than carrots) and zeaxanthin (Eye protector). Goji berries are the highest known source of carotenoids;
• Contains beta-sisterol, phyto-nutrients with anti-inflammatory function, which also helps balance cholesterol levels and can be used to treat sexual impotence and prostate balance;
• Contains fatty acids (omega 3 and 6), which are necessary for synthesis of hormones and regulates the functioning of the brain and nervous system;
• Has Cyperone, a phyto-nutrient that is beneficial to the heart and blood pressure;
• Has Physalin, plant nutrient used in the breakdown of hepatitis B;
• Contains Betaine, plant nutrient used by the liver to produce choline. Betaine donates methyl groups, promoting energy reactions in the body,helps to reduce levels of homocysteine, a risk factor in heart disease,protects the cell on the DNA level;
What makes them even more magic, is that they are very tasty also!
Try eating them alone, or added to breakfast cereals, fruit salads, savory salads, smoothies, cakes, chocolate etc.